Dear Green American ,
It is hard to believe that the holidays are here!
Our country is entering the biggest buying season of the year.
And as you know, what we buy and who we buy from has a staggering impact on people and planet.
That holiday meal could be laden with toxic pesticides and GMOs … that brand name shirt you were gifted may have been sewn in a sweatshop… The gift wrapping was made from trees cut down for a one-day-only purpose… what a waste!
But it’s not all bah, humbug… You do have a choice.
When you include GMO-free, organic and Fair Trade ingredients in holiday meals... when you make your own gifts... and choose to buy from certified businesses — it's a great way to show the joyous side of fighting for a healthier world.
From your good example, those around you learn that by putting your money where your values are, you protect yourself and your family from becoming victims to corporate recklessness.
Please stand with Green America, the non-profit organization that that powers the GMO Inside campaign, and inspire your friends and family with our "Green your Holiday Kit",, including:
- Our GMO-free Holiday Recipe Card
- The Guide to Green your Holidays — including articles on how to green your favorite traditions, naughty and nice gifts, hosting a holiday party with a purpose.
- Our 2014 National Green Pages®, where we feature non-GMO food companies
- One-year subscription to the Green American magazine where we regularly write about GMO issues
- The Guide to Socially Responsible Investing to make sure you are not investing in destructive food companies!
- FREE entrance to any of Green America's five Green Festivals®
- Samples of Fair Trade chocolate and organic tea — to sweeten the deal.
For just $15, you will equip your friends and family for a full year with the tools to live sustainably and promote corporate responsibility. They will have access to seasonal green living tips, as well as thousands of companies offering products from cozy organic cotton clothing to Fair Trade spices.
The time is now to reclaim our future and build a legacy of fairness, integrity, and a healthier world. But Green America needs the support of mindful, caring communities like yours.
Thank you — in advance — for helping us create a better future.
Have a peaceful and joyous holiday season,
Elizabeth and Shireen
On behalf of GMO Inside
P.S. I hope you will take advantage of our 'Green your Holiday Kit' by ordering one for yourself and one for a friend, family member, or co-worker. Green America will help you make green living easy, fun and affordable!
GMO Inside is a coalition of businesses, organizations and individuals that support a healthy, GMO-free food system. The GMO Inside campaign is led by Green America. To learn more about our work, visit our website or sign up for Green America's green living email newsletter.