Dear Green American ,
Thank you for all you have done to take action with us and spread the word these past few months to get GMOs out of our food supply. The momentum is building fast!
Together we have:
• Sent more than 25,000 messages to companies using GMO ingredients and opposing our right to know what’s in our food.
• Bombarded the phone lines and Facebook walls of the worst GMO offenders with calls for non-GMO products.
• Shut down Cheerios’ Facebook app with a deluge of GMO-related comments.
• Engaged with General Mills, Kellogg’s, Mars, Hershey, Coke, Pepsi, Kraft, Nestlé, the Girls Scouts, and others about their use of GMOs.
• Called on Congress and the president to more actively regulate GMOs and stop immunity for biotech companies like Monsanto from judicial oversight.
We have big (REALLY BIG) plans for May and June. We can’t wait to share!
In the meantime, we hope you will go further to support our campaign by joining Green America.
Green America is the non-profit organization leading GMO Inside. We are committed to environmental responsibility, social justice, and community health. And we are hell-bent on getting GMOs out of our food supply, for good!
This will be a long fight, and we have a robust three-year plan in place to make change happen. But we cannot do it without your voice and your support.
Please consider joining Green America today. As a member, you will receive our bi-monthly publication, the Green American Magazine, with tons of information on how to live, work, and invest in ways that align with your values. You'll also receive the National Green Pages and free access to Green Festivals nationwide, both of which are great ways to learn about local, organic food and fighting GMOs.
Our next Green American Magazine – "Sickeningly Sweet" – is all about sugar. In it we share the complicated story of how Monsanto’s GM sugar beets came to be larger than the law, as well as tips on avoiding GM sugar and sweeteners.
Sign up today to receive our latest Green American – "Sickeningly Sweet" - in your mailbox. Your tax-deductible membership contribution will also support the GMO Inside campaign and our three-year plan to get them out of our food.
You can also make a donation directly to the campaign here.
Thank you so very much for all your support,
GMO Inside is a coalition of businesses, organizations and individuals that support a healthy, GMO-free food system. The GMO Inside campaign is led by Green America. To learn more about our work, visit our website or sign up for our Green Living newsletter.